Alan Davies – Managing Director
Alan Davies formed the company in 2004 and has been involved with Asbestos Removal since 1972.
Prior to 2004, Alan held numerous senior management positions with major Asbestos and Asbestos / Demolition companies. Throughout his career, Alan has gained extensive experience of the Petro-Chemical, Industrial, Nuclear, Commercial, Power Generation, Marine and Defence Sectors, both in site remediation and asset realisation. Alan is responsible for the direction of the company and leading the Management Team within the highly regulated ‘permissioned’ United Kingdom Asbestos Industry. Alan has overall responsibility for Health and Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems. Alan is appointed to the ARCA Governing Council and currently holds the position of Deputy Chairman.
Christopher Davies – Operations Manager
Christopher Davies has worked for Asbestos Business Contractors since 2005 and has obtained a practical knowledge of Asbestos Removal as both an Operative and Supervisor. Chris has experience of working within a wide range of property types and has been responsible for the supervision and delivery of many hundreds of projects within this time.
Chris is now responsible for the company’s Operations Team and has full responsibility for all projects undertaken by Asbestos Business Contractors. Chris is supported by a team of Contracts Managers and Supervisors and works closely with other members of the Senior Management Team in order to continuously develop the business
David Laryea – Compliance Officer
David joined ABC Ltd in 2014 to provide Health, Safety and Environmental support to the company. His role is essential to the business and the main job functions & key responsibilities are as follows:
- The provision of Health, Safety and Environmental advice and guidance to all staff members as required.
- Developing and reviewing Health, Safety and Environmental policies and procedures.
- The provision of in-house Occupational Health and Safety and Environmental Awareness instruction, information and training and co-ordination of external Health and Safety training.
- Carrying out site audits and undertaking any subsequent investigations.
- Coordinating, preparing and reviewing risk assessments.
- Developing, implementing and maintaining Health, Safety and Environmental management systems.
- Ensuring safety and compliance in the company vehicle fleet.
- Co-ordinate the testing and maintenance of fire prevention, detection and fighting systems.
- Providing Health, Safety and Environmental inputs to support the tendering process.
Sara Boardman– Administration Team Leader
Sara oversees the Administrative function within Asbestos Business Contractors and is responsible for ensuring that each department is provided with the support that they require. Sara’s role is extremely varied and involves working closely with all members of the Management Team in order to achieve efficiency in the various projects that the business undertakes. Sara and her team are responsible for Administrative functions relating to:
- Work planning and scheduling and the updating our electronic scheduling system.
- Tenant Liaison functions when undertaking work in Domestic environments.
- Booking employee training & maintaining the Skills Matrix.
- Documenting employee exposure records.
- Maintaining the filing system for all projects (current, future and completed).
- Maintaining the company quality system and the associated controlled documents.