ABC understands that we have a moral obligation to provide our clients with added value and to give back to the communities in which we work wherever possible. The following are ways in which we seek to demonstrate our commitment to such activities:
- We have a policy of continuous recruitment for trainee staff members (both site based and office based). The trainee members of staff are provided with on-going development and defined channels of progression within the organisation.
- We provide work experience opportunities and placements for Graduates throughout the year. Due to the nature of the Asbestos Industry, these roles are based in our Head Office in Golborne.
- We provide paid opportunities to Students and recent Graduates.
- We provide our local partner University with opportunities to support us on major business projects so that Students can gain workplace experience.
- Through our UKATA Training Centre, we offer a number of Asbestos Awareness Courses to unemployed individuals in order to support them in returning to work.
- We seek to utilise local supply chains and purchase from the communities in which we work (wherever possible).
Commitment to the Community
ABC are keen to involve our staff members in charitable or community regeneration projects and will pledge time to charitable activities wherever possible. If you have a project that you feel we could support you with, please contact us via the form found on the contact page.
Starting in 2016, each member of staff that we employ will be required to commit a minimum of 8 hours in each 6 month period to community projects and initiatives. The 8 hours can be pledged as one full day, or can be built up as credits throughout the measured period. ABC will support our staff members and ensure that they are able use their time to support initiatives that are relevant to them, the company and the clients for whom we work.
Staff Christmas Party
The annual staff Christmas party includes key suppliers and clients and has been a focus for our annual charity fundraising raffle. ABC, suppliers, clients and staff donate prizes (for the raffle, which is the highlight of the party. Tickets are sold to clients, suppliers and partygoers on the night. All of the money raised goes directly to Children in Need in order to support the valuable work that they undertake throughout the UK.
The party and fundraising event have been part of ABC since the business commenced trading in 2004. We are proud to have raised many thousands of pounds for this great Charity and will continue to offer them our support to into the foreseeable future.